NCR Podcast: Catholicism and race relations
Theologian Christopher Pramuk joins host Brittany Wilmes to talk about race relations, how art can help people connect, and where Catholics might go from here. Later, Catholic sisters Tracey Horan and Larretta Rivera-Williams discuss their own experiences of race and solidarity and places where they find hope.
- Christopher Pramuk spoke at the LCWR assembly on music, grief and Resurrection faith.
- Chris shares his thoughts on life after Charlottesville on his blog.
- Tracey Horan, a mission novice with the Sisters of Providence of St. Mary-of-the-Woods, Indiana, writes about preaching — and apologizing — to a congregation of people of color.
- Mercy Sr. Larretta Rivera-Williams ponders whether America is the land of the free and the home of the brave.
- We say: Charlottesville should compel Catholics to expel the poison of racism.
- The hate and racism in Charlottesville came from one side, not many, writes Michael Sean Winters.
We want to hear from you! Take the GSR reader survey.